Monday, October 26, 2009

Music Monday: MUTEMATH


X

I’m in love. I’ve enjoyed MUTEMATH for a while now. I was first introduced to them during my college years by good old KSUN and have been listening to them ever since. But to truly experience the full spectrum of their music you have to see them live. I now understand why Alternative Press named them the #1 band to see live before you die.

The amount of energy they have is mind blowing. Drummer, Darren King (pictured above) is a perfect mix of chaos and precision. The lead singer, Paul Meany, makes you feel like he is singing to you and you alone.  I have to admit, I have a musical crush on him now. Guitarist Greg Hill played his heart out and bassist Roy Mitchell-Cardenas was the underlying beat that pulled all the chaos together.

If they ever roll through your city, do yourself a favor and go their show.

2 comments:

Jpresnall09 said...

I have to see them live because I have only heard outrageous praises. I also know when to trust you on certain topics... an amazing concert is definitely something to take under consideration. Keep em coming Ang!

Angela Jay said...

As your former radio co-host, you should know that I would never steer you in the wrong direction when it comes to music. And the next time they are on tour in California we're going!

Related Posts with Thumbnails