Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Gratitude Tuesday: Failure

















X
Today I'm grateful for failure.

I'm grateful for all my clumsy moments, the awkward situations I've found myself in, the stupid things I've said (and done), the things that I should have said (and done), the risks, honesty, emotion, vulnerability etc.

As all of these things happen (and will continue to happen) I always tell myself "If I could just go back and change it with what I know now things would be different." I'm right, they would be different. But I would never learn anything from my so-called failures. Just because it feels like failure now doesn't mean that it isn't a step toward success and just because you've messed up once doesn't mean you can't try again. I'm a firm believer in second chances, maybe even thirds if you're really lucky.  

Ah, I love this glass half full feeling. Though it's rare, I love it. It's time to make some ch-ch-ch-ch-changes.

Did you get the Bowie reference? If so, I like you. If not, listen to some Bowie today.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails