Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Gratitude Tuesday: Music

















I don't think I've found a better quote to define what music means to me—a sweet escape; a way to fill up moments where words would only fail. I really wish that every moment of everyday could be filled with music. Growing up I used to envision life like a big musical, there would always be a song to define every moment and everyone would always know each eight count dance move and never forget a lyric.

I wonder if other people do this? I would like to think everyone does, maybe they don't envision a grand musical but instead they associate music with life. In the kind of way that makes you tie someone, something, someplace, some moment to a song. They're the kind of songs that you can't listen to anymore because they break your heart or the kind of songs that take you back to that exact moment where you can remember what the weather was like, what you were wearing, how you felt, the sights, sounds, smells, tastes etc.

I really wish that every moment of everyday could be filled with music.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails