Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Gratitude Tuesday: Unknown






















X



I think everyone has heard the following:

"Everything that's happening is supposed to be happening" or "It's about the journey, not the destination". And we're supposed to take comfort in these phrases.

The more I think about those things the more I find them to be true. However, I use the universe as my reason for the unknown. I often think:

"The universe will bring it to me when I'm ready"
"The universe is trying to teach me a lesson"
"The universe must have brought this person or thing into my life for a reason"
"The universe is recongizing my karama" and so on...

So, what does that make me? Religious? Careless? Faithful? Unaccountable? Existential? Metaphysical?

I would like to believe that I am a universalist who takes trust and delight in the unknown. Which somedays is just a nice way of saying: I don't know what the hell is going on but I'll find some kind of humor in the unknown until I can wrap my head around my often strange life.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails