Monday, November 30, 2009

Music Monday: The Avett Brothers
















The Avett Brothers have two of my favorite B's: Banjo & Beards. 

Now that that is out of the way, if you've read any of my previous MM posts its no surprise that The Avett Brothers are being featured. I love folk music and their blend of folk and country hits the spot. There is something about their music that has always reminded me of home. When doing my long solo drive from college back into the valley for holiday weekends I would toss on some of their tunes and it became my personal anthem for all things related to the valley. I mean, it doesn't get more country than beards and banjos right? Or maybe it doesn't get more indie... either way this band is perfect for setting the mood of a dusty valley backdrop. 

Currently, this song is playing in heavy rotation in my ipod:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails